To Springfield's Anti Smoking Nazi's and Your Victory Over Private Property Rights

I don't smoke cigarettes. I find them disgusting, but not as disgusting as I find Springfield voters and its anti-smoking Nazis who decided to rob private property owners of the rights. In Springfield, Missouri, voters went to the polls yesterday and decided that smoking in business establishments in the city was no longer going to be legal. What they have done is basically tell every restaurant and bar owner, every Amvets post, every American Legion Hall, and all the rest of the business owners throughout Springfield, they have no private property rights. The tyranny of the majority that Thomas Paine warned of when the founders were drafting the Constitution, deciding against majority rule in forming our Republic, has stripped private property owners of their rights.

Many of us Constitutionalists are mourning the loss of these rights today. If I were a business owner of a Springfield establishment, I would consider moving my business outside of the city limits to avoid any future rights violations from a majority who may or may not even spend a dime in my establishment.

Here's what I don't understand about these anti-smoking nazis. Springfield has its share of nudie bars from Centerfolds, to the Pink Cadillac to the Crazy Horse. These bars are on main thoroughfares like Kearney, Glenstone, and Sunshine. No one forces any resident of Springfield into these establishments. It's a choice. They operate their businesses offering a service or product, and you have the right to choose whether you want to go see naked breasts or not. While I hear few complaints about these places, I have never heard the uproar that I have heard over from these anti-smoking nazis.

This is what I don't get. If you choose not to spend your money at a place like the Pink Cadillac because they show naked breasts, then why do you not make that same choice and use the power of your wallet to discourage places that have smoking sections--smoking sections that have been recently renovated to meet clean air standards. Why do you resort to the tyranny of the majority that Thomas Paine warned us about.

I bet half these smoking nazis wouldn't want me coming into their homes and telling them the high fructose corn syrup in their Coca-Cola and the aspartame in the Diet Coke is dangerous to their health and because of that, I am going to ban it from their homes. So why did they do the same thing to these business owners? Wouldn't it have been more patriotic to uphold the rights of these private property owners and not frequent their establishment if they choose to allow smoking?