Bob Dylan Stick With Mono: The New Mono Revolution in Music

A few months ago, I made the decision to buy the entire Beatles catalog again. I have owned it on cassette (yuck), the original CDs that came out in 1987, and the new remastered CDs that came out on 9/9/09. The more I read about the Beatles catalog in mono, the more I had to have it. So I bought it.

Now other artists are coming out with their recordings on CD in their original mono. While we have been sold how good stereo is, there is something special about mono that really brings out a bigger sound. In fact, when you listen to the Beatles in mono, you hear things you never heard in the stereo version, especially in Sgt. Peppers.

Anyway, the Bob Dylan mono box set is on my Christmas wishlist. It features Dylan's first eight releases in mono sound. It's a must in my opinion. Anyway, as I was reading the reviews today, I caught this clever video marketing the Dylan box set.