Playstation 3 Move Vs. Nintendo Wii

I sold my Nintendo Wii earlier this week. After three years of wanting to be amazed by the motion gaming revolution, I was bored. The coolness of the Wii wore off when I realized the best to come came and went with Wii Sports. Game after game I bought, with the exception of Punch Out, was a disappointment because I wanted the game to emulate more of the natural movements you would expect in the game. For example, NHL hockey games became more complicated by the motion gaming techniques and rarely copies the real life, on ice game play.

I graduated to Play Station Move, and I already see a big difference in game play. Yes, it has a controller, but an multiple Game Stop stores I was told what a disappointment the Microsoft X-Box equivalent "Kinect" is because it doesn't have a controller. I am okay with the controller because it means more precision in the game play.

I find the movement and game play in the Playstation 3 Move much more realistic than the Wii. It also appears that Move will have a better variety of games designed for it, and there is a shooter war game I may pick up that appears much more mature in development than any game I have seen for the Wii.

While I am no expert in video games and the consoles, the Playstation Move just seems like a better system mainly because it's not focused on Mario games, that are fun, but have limited Nintendo as a niche system. You can get Nintendo like games for Playstation, but there is just a feeling that comes with any Nintendo system that keeps it focused on Mario like game play. If you are trying to decide this holiday season, I would go with the PS3 and move.

Obviously beyond the better motion game play, the PS3 is a high definition portal with its Blu-ray capabilities, 3d video compatible, and it provides a total entertainment solution including replacing your video store and your Red Box. I don't miss the Wii at all. It's a toy.