Notable Quotes About the TSA, Naked Full Body Scanners, and Genitalia Pat Downs

This week has featured some lively debate over the actions of TSA. While I am happy it's come to this, this is an issue I have been writing about for many months. It saddens me it took this long for a national outrage to occur over the TSA. Here are some of the best and worst (eye opening quotes) coming out of the TSA battle.

"If you touch my junk, I'm gonna have you arrested." John Tyner, passenger screened at San Diego Airport

"Please have your genitalia out and ready to be fondled when you approach the security checkpoint." Ann Coulter

From my dolt of a US Senator: "I'm wildly excited that I can walk through a machine instead of getting my dose of love pats." Senator Claire McCaskill

In one recent well-publicized case, a TSA official is recorded during an attempted body search saying, “By buying your ticket you gave up a lot of rights.” I strongly disagree and am sure I am not alone in believing that we Americans should never give up our rights in order to travel. As our Declaration of Independence states, our rights are inalienable. This TSA version of our rights looks more like the “rights” granted in the old Soviet Constitutions, where freedoms were granted to Soviet citizens -- right up to the moment the state decided to remove those freedoms. Congressman Ron Paul

"Women in tight skirts that don't allow an agent to feel the thigh area may be asked to remove the skirt in a private screening area and will be given a gown or towel to put on." ACLU

"I wouldn't want my wife to be touched in the way that these folks are being touched." a unidentified Congressman